Burial & Cremation
The first key decision to make in relation to a funeral is whether it will be a burial or a cremation.
The deceased may have left some wishes with family members or in a will. We will liaise with the crematorium, cemetery, minister and place of worship as appropriate, in order to finalise the day and time to best meet the family’s requirements. We can also offer suggestions of venues for a non-religious funeral.
If a family decide on burial and already own a grave it would be beneficial to locate the deed (usually issued for all municipal cemeteries and some churchyards). We will deliver this document to the cemetery for them to fill in and return it to the family on the day of the burial.
Crematorium and Cemeteries
Council Run Cemeteries in Bolton
- Astley Bridge Eden Street, Bolton BL1 6NU
- Blackrod Manchester Rd, Blackrod, Bolton BL6 5LS
- Farnworth Cemetery Rd, Farnworth, Bolton BL4 7QN
- Heaton Gilnow Road, Bolton BL1 4LH
- Horwich / Ridgmont Chorley Old Road, Bolton BL6 6RF
- Tonge Cemetery Rd, Bolton BL2 6AQ
- Westhoughton Cemetery St, Westhoughton, Bolton BL5 3TL